This tutorial will show you step-by-step how to update your Plex Media Server on your Synology NAS. It's simple.
Update Plex Media Server on Synology NAS
1. Run your Plex Media Server on your computer and you should see an update notice with a download link. Download the update onto your computer.
2. Sign into your Synology NAS Server and go to Package Center.
3. Go to Installed on the left column.
4. Click into Plex Media Server.
5. Click on the down arrow button next to Open and press Stop. We need to stop the server before we can update it.
6. Press Manual Install on the top right panel of the Package Center window.
7. Press Browse and locate the update file from step 1.
8. Press Next.
9. Press Yes.
10. Press Apply to install the update.
That's it, your Plex Media Server is now updated on your Synology NAS! You can now run your server.